Discover more from The LZ Sunday Paper
The "Went For It" Edition
Happy Post July 4th!
I’m not to heartened by the past week’s continuation and intensification of what constitutes life in the present day. Hottest days on earth, ever. Violence, war, and uprisings here, there, and everywhere. Justice upended and mocked. RFK Jr.’s insanity divorced from his popularity — all the kind of regular people who don’t seem to mind the 90% specious horseshit he spiels in service of endorsing the fantasy of the other 10% they want him to be. Like the 90%, evidence be damned, they’ll believe what they want to believe. Feels like 2020, without the pandemic, so maybe less time to focus on all this cuz everyone’s busy being post-Covid, going on girls’ trips and goin’ to Greece/Italy/Croatia/wherever, or focused on finally getting a decent topspin backhand rather than a winning, but ultimately semi-pathetic, old man’s slice.
Oh wait that last thing is me.
Next area of focus on something other than the world ending is going to be getting through the next ten days of BarbieHeimer madness and remembering to use up my Fandango credits to see them!
I wish I had a meme-able mash-up of this Newsletter and something else. But instead, I’m just delivering to you a fabulous mix-tape of all the news by, for, and about women in the news, from politics to pop culture and everything in between.
Subscribe, if you don’t already
And if you have a story you think I may have missed, email me at LZSundayPaper@gmail.com.
See you next week, mid-Summer!